The 7 Regional Health Authorities (YPE) in Greece plan, coordinate, supervise and control the operations of all health service providers within their territories.
The 7 Regional Health Authorities (YPE) in Greece are the following:
- Pireaus and the Aegean
- Macedonia & Thrace
- Thessaly & Central Greece
- Peloponnese, Ionian Islands, Epirus & Western Greece
Scope of the Regional Health Authorities
- The planning, coordination and superivision of operation of all the health services providers within the boundaries of the relevant Regional Health Authority. The following are defined as Health Services Providers: hospitals, health centers and social care units, mental health units, rehabilitation centers, other legal entities under public law and private law in the public sector, which carry out activities in the fields of health and social security and are supervised by the Minister of Health;
- the drafting of suggestions, measures and proposals to the Minister of Health aimed at the efficient provision of health services and social security to the population of their Region;
- the monitoring of the implementation of the policy drawn up by the Ministry of Health.
Citizens’ Service Centers for Health Issues
There is a Citizens’ Service Center for Health Issues (KEPYKA) in each Regional Health Authority. The Center receives reports, complaints and information queries on issues of health services under the responsibility of the Ministry of Health. and cooperates with other competent bodies.
For PEDY-primary care networks or ESY-hospitals, you may contact the Citizens’ Health Service Centres of the 7 regional health authorities, as follows:
- For Attica at the email: email@example.com
- For Piraeus and the Aegean islands at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Macedonia at the email: email@example.com
- For Eastern Macedonia & Thrace at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Thessaly & Central Greece at the email: email@example.com
- For Peloponnese, Ionian Islands, Epirus & Western Greece at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Crete at the email: email@example.com